There is so much to learn about search engines as well as adequately understanding their algorithms and how they work. Did you know that your business can incorporate vertical search engines to improve your SEO results and in your digital marketing strategy?
What is a vertical search on the SERPS?
Basically, a vertical search on the SERPS is a specialised search, for example, Google’s image search feature. The ‘images’ tab on Google, for example. Everyone has used the map search, location or news search on Google, therefore we’re pretty familiar with these tools. Therefore, Google is the main search engine and their image tab, location or map search tabs are vertical search tools.
Vertical search has become increasingly important and their importance should not be overlooked.
To gain a better understanding of vertical search on the SERPS it’s essential to complete an accredited digital marketing course where you’ll learn all you need to know to get your business showing up on the SERPS.
The Google search engine alone has a massive audience and no doubt you want your business to be visible to a particular target marketing of this huge market. This is why being on the first page of a vertical search results page will dramatically benefit your business.
Points for better first page vertical search ranking
Part of your SEO and digital marketing campaign should undoubtedly be to attract more website traffic through Google and other popular search engines. Every digital marketer knows that most people don’t even bother clicking through to the second page results. It’s no wonder the main element of any digital marketing strategy is to show up on the search engine’s first page.
This applies to vertical search on the SERPS as well. Vertical search engines are a great way to increase the efficiency of a users’ search.
How your business can incorporate vertical search in your SEO drive and up your ranking
SEO practitioners understand how to influence their site’s ranking on the search engines, including vertical search and as a result search engine optimisation (SEO) has come a long way from the early days of digital marketing.
However, this is much more difficult now to achieve as major search engines, such as Google, are constantly upgrading their SEO ranking algorithms.
SEO has become more complex, so much so, that the implementation of a successful SEO and digital marketing campaign has become quite a science. And now there are vertical search engines to take into consideration. No wonder SEO and digital marketing can become quite overwhelming. With the evolution of SEO, it’s extremely advantageous to complete a digital marketing course to fully understand the ever-changing dynamics of good SEO techniques.
Here are a few points on how to incorporate vertical search in your overall SEO strategy:
- Add alternative text to images – Remember to stay creative and add keywords in alternative image text, which really increases the chances of your image showing up on the image verticals.
- Keep images relevant – It’s far more important to keep your images relevant when incorporating vertical search in your SEO. As with horizontal search results, vertical searching also highly depends on the relevancy of your content. Use your images as strategically as possible.
- Get reviews – Image content needs reviews too, so try to get as many good reviews as possible.
- Mobile accessibility – Remember to make sure the images are easily accessible via a mobile device.
- Understand your audience – Part of any digital marketing campaign, including boosting your vertical search engine ranking is understanding your audience. Fully understanding what they are searching for is crucial. Stay in the know when it comes to what your target audience is searching for.
- Vertical focus – Brilliant SEO skills are needed now more than ever. Vertical search optimisation is a great way to increase your SEO results.
- Limit images – Keep in mind the speed at which your website uploads. This is an important benefit when it comes to limiting your use of images. Use like regular search engines, images are a great way to capture your viewer’s attention, however it’s important to keep the number of images used to a reasonable amount, don’t overdo it.
- Add video content – We know that videos attract way more views than static content and this finding applies to vertical search engines too. So, go ahead and add video content.