A surgery that is performed to restore or repair the injured parts and improve the lost or misshapen body parts of an individual. It is a surgical specialty especially for the reconstruction of both facial and body parts which are present due to disorders since birth or any burns, trauma, or disease. The surgeons are able to restructure the body parts of the body through cosmetic surgery which is known as the most common type of plastic surgery.
Type of plastic surgery
- Nasal surgery – Any surgery that is performed inside or outside the nose comes under nasal surgery. Nasal obstruction is caused due to anatomic or functional problems which often leads to OSA, snoring, and can also prevent the use of CPAP.
- Breast Reconstruction – With advancement in technology, there are various options available for how does a woman wants her breast to look like after the breast cancer treatment. With the help of expert surgeons, precise techniques have been developed so that the results are aesthetic.
- Craniosynostosis – When a baby’s head is oddly shaped due to a problem with the skull, it is called craniosynostosis. This is treated with the help of surgery which helps reduce the pressure in the head and correct the deformities of the skull bones and face.
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery – Due to birth abnormalities in mouth and lip, cleft lip and cleft palate are caused. The sides of the lip and roof of the mouth do not come together like they do normally. The treatment includes surgery which is dependant on the child’s age, health, and medical history. In the surgery, fixing the separation of the lip is the goal.
- Scar revision – To alter the look of the scar on various body parts, scar revision is performed. It is essential to remember that scars cannot be removed permanently, though, with technology, its appearance can be reduced to a high extent.
- Dermabrasion – A procedure performed to remove the fine lines and wrinkles is known as dermabrasion. The surgeon performs it by using a high-speed rotating brush for removal of the top layer of the skin.
How to choose the surgeon
There are not many surgeons who can perform plastic surgery in an effective manner, especially when it is related to improvement in appearance due to disorders and diseases. Some of the NYC plastic surgery options are one of the best people can get anywhere. Many modern and sophisticated women do not appreciate the scars left behind during the breast surgery.
A new technique called transaxillary endoscopic breast augmentation, the discreet incisions are hidden very neatly in the underarm region due to which the result looks like non-surgical and organic. With the use of a narrow tubular camera, this approach gives a great accuracy when it comes to implant placement which reduces the risk of complications.This technique is mastered by some of the NYC plastic surgeons and better than a lot of surgeons all over the world.
When it comes to plastic or reconstructive surgery, there is a need to ensure that the surgeon knows that he is doing. A little mishap can leave a scar for life.