No one can deny the delicious taste that fruit cakes give to our taste buds. A single bite of this delectable beauty is enough to make your day extra special. Most of you might think that baking a fresh fruit cake is difficult. But believe us, it is not! In fact it is one of the easiest cake recipes that you will come across on the Internet. The moist dark cake that we are going to bake is loaded up with bitter candied peel, yummy dried fruits, and citron. So, without any further delay, let’s get started with the super simple and ultimate fruit cake recipe.
- 1 ½ cups (255g) raisins, golden or regular
- 1 ½ cups (213g) diced dried pineapple
- heaping 1 cup (170g) candied red cherries, and additional for decoration (optional)
- ⅓ cup (64g) diced crystallized ginger (optional)
- 1 cup (128g) diced dried apricots
- 1 ½ cups (223g) chopped dates
- ¾ cup (170g) rum, brandy, apple juice, or cranberry juice
- 16 tablespoons (227g) unsalted butter, at room temperature, at least 65° F
- 2 cups (425g) dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups (227g) chopped, toasted nuts (almonds, pecans, or walnuts)
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons (11g) black cocoa, optional, for color
- ¼ cup (85g) boiled cider, golden syrup, or dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups (361g) King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup (113g) apple juice, cranberry juice or water
Recipe / Instructions
- Combine Fruits with the liquid in a non-receptive container, mix it well and cover it. Now leave it overnight. Can’t wait for another day? Put the solution in the microwave for a minute or until it’s very hot and leave it for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 300° F. This recipe makes enough batter for one of the mentioned: 3 dozen individual (biscuit pan), 6 to 8 medium loaves (about 3″ x 5″), 16 mini loaves (about 3 3/4″ x 2 1/2″) or 2 standard 9″ x 5″ loaves. Choose the pans and grease them.
- Place the sugar and butter in a huge bowl and beat together until well combined.
- Mix the spices, salt, and baking powder.
- Beat in the eggs one by one, scraping the bowl after each egg.
- In a different bowl whisk together the cocoa and flour.
- Add the flour blend and the syrup to the mixture in the bowl, beating delicately to combine.
- Mix in the water or juice, then fruit and nuts. Make sure that everything is combined well.
- Pour the batter into the pans, filling them around ¾ full.
- Bake the cakes in the middle shelf of the oven as follows: about 60 minutes for the individual cakes, 75 minutes for the medium loaves, 70 minutes for the small loaves, and more than 2 hours for the 9″ x 5″ loaves. Rest, the toothpick inserted in the center will give you the answer.
- Remove the cakes gently from the containers after loosening the edges. Now you can use rum or any other syrup for topping it. Your cake is ready!
Even though the thrill of baking your own cake masterpiece is great, sometimes all we want to do is sit back on the sofa, turn on our favourite Netflix show and taste some delicious cake. If you are also someone like me, who prefers doing these things on a regular basis, you can always buy cake online Dubai. This can also ensure that you are never disappointed with the quality of the cake and always have one of the best Netflix binge watching sessions ever.
That’s the easy fruit cake recipe. If you can’t bake the cake at home, then you can order cake online in Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, or in any other city. There won’t be a difference in the taste. Happy eating! Happy baking!